PhantomPorts - Perfect for the SIPI Technique
Available in titanium and plastic, the Phantom Port is the perfect size and shape for the *Single Incision Peripheral Insertion (SIPI) V-A-P Placement Technique.
The stainless steel catheter connector pin can be replaced by a plastic/PEEK pin if a metal-free vascular access port is a requirement.
*Graham M. et. al. “A novel alternative placement site and technique for totally implantable vascular access ports in non-human primates.” J. Med Primatol. 38(3):204-12. 2009.
PhantomPorts are available in titanium and plastic in 2 sizes.
The large models (LPH) are suitable for sheep, swine and large dogs
The small models (SPH) are suitable for cats, rabbits and primates
|Footprint||2.6cm x 1.8cm||0.83cm x 0.53cm||2.6cm x 1.8cm||0.83cm x 0.53cm|
Ports can be ordered with catheters that are preattached during manufacture or that are attachable/ attached during surgery
Silicone, Polyurethane, Intisil (round tip Silicone) or Hydrocoat (round tip Hydromer coated Polyurethane) catheter in French sizes 2-9.
Features & Benefits
– biocompatible tapered design
– easy port entry for SIPI Technique*
– low profile
– reduces incidence of skin necrosis
– ringed septum esy to palpate
– provides easy access during needle insertion
* SIPI – Single SIte Peripheral Insertion Technique
– local anesthesia
– avoids risks associated with general anesthesia
– minimally invasive procedure
– single incision site for both port and catheter
– no restraint needed when accessing
– provides easy in-home cage access
– improved animal well-being
– reduces experimental stress
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the SIPI Technique